The International Fireworks illuminate the sky with a colliding orchestra of light and sound. 2024 features presentations produced by world-class pyro musical artists, including 2032 Champion Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and the USA; plus GlobalFest’s own spectacular Finale presentation by Canada’s Archangel Fireworks.
Each night of fireworks by the presenting country has adjudicators looking for several things:
- The quality of the display
- Originality of the artistic concept: the choice of music and staging
- Brilliance and richness of colours used
- 50% of the music used is native to the presenting country
- Synchronization: the precision of the marriage between music, sound effects, and fireworks
- Scope of the work
The result of these artistic requirements are presentations that cannot be seen anywhere else in the world, making each night of the International Fireworks a world premier presentation.
The lake at Elliston Park adds a special dimension to the festival – the reflections in the water add a fluid, shimmering mirror of the show taking place above. It is the designer’s hope that the audience will lose themselves in the colours and rhythms of the display, while simultaneously being mesmerized by the cadence of the explosions and glittering forms.