Trico Homes International Fireworks Festival
2017 is to be a massive celebratory year. Not only is it Canada’s 150th year, it’s also GlobalFest’s 15th Anniversary.
To celebrate these two important anniversaries, we’re planning an even bigger event.
In honour of Canada’s 150th or Sesquicentennial, there will be 6 nights of fireworks, AND, all the invited fireworks teams will be Canadian!
Each night of the Festival, adjudicators look for several things:
- The quality of the display
- Originality of the artistic concept: the choice of music and staging
- Brilliance and richness of colours used
- 25% of the music used is native to the presenting country
- Synchronization: the precision of the marriage between music, sound effects, and fireworks
- Team’s use of a compulsory piece: 2016’s piece is "Viaje Vibrante", composed by Donovan Seidle exclusively for GlobalFest
- Scope of the work
The result of these artistic requirements are presentations that cannot be seen anywhere else in the world, making each night of the Trico Homes International Fireworks Festival a world premiere presentation.
The lake at Elliston Park adds a special dimension to the Festival – the reflections in the water add a fluid, shimmering mirror of the show taking place above. It is the designer’s hope that the audience will lose themselves in the colours and rhythms of the display, while simultaneously being mesmerized by the cadence of the explosions and glittering forms.
2017 Dates & Participants:
|Western Canada||Tuesday, August 15|
|Prairies||Thursday, August 17|
|Ontario||Saturday, August 19|
|Quebec||Tuesday, August 22|
|Atlantic Canada||Thursday, August 24|
|FINALE with live accompaniment||Saturday, August 26|