GlobalFest has always been more than just fireworks. Annually, the OneWorld Festival celebrates the food, music and performances of the cultural partners who join us in celebration at Elliston Park.
For 2021, we have turned our attention to the flavours of the OneWorld Festival with a new 10-episode mini-series. Each episode takes our audience to a different culture to learn about the foods, flavours, spices and recipes of our cultural partners.
Join us on the whole journey – buy spices, shop for ingredients, explore recipes and step into home and restaurant kitchens as the chef shares how to prepare the featured dish. Each episode runs 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm, plus question time.
- April 20 – Indigenous Cuisine with Blackfoot Crossing Historical Park
- May 4 – Indonesian Cuisine with Indonesian Kitchen (Check Ingredients Here)
- May 18 – Vietnamese Cuisine with Lac Viet Vietnamese Restaurant (Check Ingredients Here)
- June 1 – Francophonie Cuisine with the Calgary Regional ACFA (Check Ingredients Here)
- June 15 – Chinese Cuisine with Regency Palace (Check Ingredients Here)
Five more episodes to follow in the fall.
Event tickets $10 each
Event ticket including Spice & Dry Goods Box $25 each (strictly limited to 50, Calgary area only)
Spice box sales close at noon the Wednesday prior to each episode screening to allow for packing and pick up.